SMNG has high skills, an experienced staff and comprehensive scope of the services. We provide the petroleum industry with expertise both in domestic and international markets. Technical capabilities of our interpretation service encompass integrated regional studies of the sedimentary basins, identify and proposing of prospects for exploration drilling with the giving of the recommendations on the optimum well location, petrophysical analysis, reservoir study and geological modeling.
Extensive knowledge supported by state-of-the-art technology gives our clients the guarantee to get the most detailed information possible from their seismic 2D and 3D datasets, thus reducing exploration and development risk.
The main directions of the investigations:
- Structural interpretation
- Tracking of seismic horizons, delineation and tracing of tectonic dislocations, well to seismic tie, generation of time maps, creation of velocity model and structural imaging based on the model; generation of thickness maps;
- Seismo-stratigraphic analysis;
- Paleotectonic analysis to restore depositional conditions;
- Prediction of the zones of reservoir development;
- Geologic modeling.
- Dynamic interpretation
- Dynamic analysis, which, in its turn, includes:
- AVO analysis,
- Seismic inversion and seismic attributes analysis;
- Seismo-facial analysis;
- Determination of reservoir limits, gross pay and net pay thickness, porosity and permeability;
- Creation of geologic model of the field.
For processing and interpretation of seismic data SMNG has a common processing and interpretation network that provides a fast export of processing results on the interpretation of the information space.
Seismic data interpretation department has an extensive network of modern HP workstations XW6600 series and also IBM Х3850 servers.
Interpretation is performed using Halliburton Software & Servises Ltd - Landmark version R5000 based on Linux operating system. The software package includes the following key programs:
- OpenWorks - management of the integrated data in the Oracle;
- SeisWorks 2D/3D- 2D/3D seismic interpretation;
- StratWorks – geological interpretation and well-logging data correlation;
- PetroWorks – petrophysical interpretation of well-logging data;
- GeoDataLoading - loading of geological information;
- LogEdit - edit and processing of well-logging record;
- Z-Map Plus – mapping;
- Z-Map Plus Full – extended mapping;
- Depth Team Express – generation of velocity model from 2D/3D data.
DecisionSpace Desktop (DSD) is used as the main interpretation package:
- Seismic Interpretation Component - 2D/3D data interpretation;
- Seismic Analysis Component - time-to-depth conversion, synthetics;
- Velocity Modeling Component - generation, analysis and calibration of velocity model from 2D/3D data;
- Seismic Attribute Component – calculation of seismic attributes, spectral decomposition;
- Geology module - generation of the frame of 3D geological model, interwell correlation;
- GIS module - import/export of geophysical logging data.
DSD is a unified visualization, interpretation, and modeling workspace. It delivers a true multi-user environment with integration across multidomain workflows and data types (geologic, geophysical, well data).
In addition to the base interpretation package, applications from Jason Geoscience Workbench software (Eplus, EarthModel, Wavelets, InverTracePlus, FunctionMod, RockTrace, Largo) by Jason (a CGG Company) for seismic modeling and 2D/3D seismic inversion are applied.
Mapping and visualization of 2D and 3D seismic data is performed in Petrosys software package (Petrosys Base Mapping Application Suite, 3D Viewer, Gridding & Contouring, Volumetrics).
SMNG interpretation department has PC desktops for office work, performing of reports and documents. We use modern output devices: HP T7100 color plotters, as well as HP high-speed color printers.
In addition to the Russian Arctic Offshore, SMNG experience extends to the Caspian, Azov and Black Seas. Also SMNG specialists successfully performed 2D/3D seismic data interpretation on the Shelf of Vietnam, India, Venezuela and the Mediterranean Sea.